Courtesy of Louisiana Seafood for Life.
- 1 1/4 lbs. Louisiana Alligator, cut into 1 oz. pieces, pounded thin
- Cooking spray as needed
- 3/4 cup red onion, medium-diced
- 3/4 cup celery, medium-diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, medium-diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, medium-diced
- 3/4 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. cayenne pepper
- 4 1/4 cups clam juice
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. flat leaf parsley, minced, divided
- 1/4 cup half & half
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked, warm
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, minced
1.) Spray nonstick sauté pan with cooking spray and heat.
2.) Add vegetables, sauté for 1 minute. Add cayenne pepper; sauté for 1 minute.
3.) Add 4 cups of clam juice, reserving 1/4 cup; bring to a simmer. Mix 1/4 cup clam juice with cornstarch and stir; add to the simmering pan.
4.) Add Louisiana Alligator, basil, 2 tbsp. of parsley and half & half, simmer until alligator is cooked, 5 to 6 minutes.
5.) In individual serving bowls, place 1/2 cup of brown rice. Spoon alligator and sauce over rice. Garnish with 1 tbsp. parsley.