Courtesy of Hoffman Media.
- 2 cups Landry Vineyards Blanc Du Bois*
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup plus 1/4 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/2 lbs. yellowfin tuna, cut into 3/4-inch steaks
- Pecan wood chips, soaked in water 30 minutes
- 8 oz. whipped cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- Garnish: lemon zest, sliced chives
- Crackers or sliced vegetables for serving
1.) In a large bowl, combine wine, 2 cups water, 1/4 cup salt, and tuna steaks; cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Preheat smoker to low (225° to 250°). Sprinkle soaked wood chips over coals.
2.) Remove tuna, and pat dry with paper towels. Add to smoker, and cook about 1 hour or until meat flakes easily. Coarsely chop tuna, and let cool completely.
3.) In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, yogurt, and remaining 1/4 tsp. salt. Add red onion, garlic, zest, black pepper, and chopped tuna, and stir gently to combine. Refrigerate at least 20 minutes. Garnish with chives and zest, if desired. Serve with your favorite fresh vegetables or crackers.
A light, dry white wine may be substituted.