Courtesy of Chef Ryan André.
- 1 (10-inch) loaf French bread
- 5 Tbsp. Oyster Butter, in all, recipe follows
- 12 large Louisiana oysters, shucked
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced cooked applewood smoked bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion, for garnish
- Oyster Butter
- 3 3/4 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 5 green onions, minced
- 3 Tbsp. garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/4 tsp. Creole seasoning
- 3/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 3/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/3 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. white wine
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Crystal Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1.) Preheat oven to 350º. Cut French bread into 1/4-inch slices. Toast bread on baking sheets until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove bread slices from oven, and increase heat to Broil.
2.) While bread toasts, in a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt 1/4 cup Oyster Butter. Add oysters and cook until plump, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove oysters from heat, and reserve. In a medium bowl, combine Parmesan cheese and bacon.
3.) Spread remaining Oyster Butter on bread slices, Top each slice with 1 cooked oyster, and sprinkle with bacon mixture.
4.) Broil oyster-topped bread in oven until cheese is melted and golden brown. Garnish with green onion, and serve immediately.
1.) In a blender, combine all ingredients except butter, and process until smooth. In a small bowl, stir together butter and onion-herb mixture until well blended.