Courtesy of Chef Lyle Broussard - Jack Daniels Grill, L'auberge Lake Charles.
- 5 - 6oz. Louisiana Grouper Filets
- 5 Tbsp. Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 Lemons - juiced
- 1 Tsp. Chives
- 9 oz. Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper
- 7 oz. Clarified Butter
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Rosemary
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Thyme
- 4 ears White Corn
- 4 oz. Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Shrimp Stock
- 6 oz. Crawfish - tails peeled
- 1 cup White Corn Grits
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 2 oz. Smoked Gouda Cheese
- 1/2 tsp. Shallots - minced
- 2 tsp. Sugar
- 6 oz. Petite Arugula
- 1 oz Pop Corn Shoots
- 1 oz Grape Seed Oil
- 1 Tbsp. White Balsamic Vinegar
- Summer Fruit (figs, peaches, raspberries, etc)
- 1 lb. Lump Blue Crab
1) Using a small mixer with a wisk attachment, whip whole butter until soft and creamy.
2) Fold in panko bread crumbs, crushed red pepper, rosemary, thyme, chives, lemon juice.
3) Carefully fold in 1lb. blue crab meat with a rubber spatula, (carefully try not to break up crabmeat) set aside
4) Heat clarified butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Carefully place fillets, top side down, in hot oil. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Transfer fish to a lined sheet pan. Place in 400 degree oven for 2-3 minutes.
5) Remove fish from oven and top each filet with crab panko mixture; return to 400 degree oven for 1 minute or until butter melts and panko is golden brown. Serve immediately with cream corn grits and summer salad.
6) Shuck ears of white corn, and brush with clarified butter, season with salt pepper and chili powder. Grill the corn until tender, turning every 5to 6 minutes, about 15 minutes. When cool enough to handle remove the kernels. If no grill is present boil corn in water until tender and lightly char corn using a torch.
7) Using the back of a knife scrape the pulp (milk from the corn and set aside for later)
8) In a medium saucepan add remaining clarified butter and sweat shallots until tender, add shrimp stock, water and bring to a boil. Stir in grits and let simmer for 30-40 minutes. Once grits are 3/4 of the way cooked stir in heavy cream and let simmer for 5 more minutes and stir in gouda cheese, and whole butter Remove from heat and set aside.
9) In a medium sauté skillet, sauté crawfish season with salt pepper and lemon juice. Stir corn mixture into crawfish and add sugar. Bring to a simmer and combine mixture with grits.
10) In a stainless steel bowl toss together petite arugula, popcorn shoots, mint and sliced summer fruit.
11) Drizzle white balsamic vinegar, and grapeseed oil, season with sugar and salt and pepper.