Courtesy of Louisiana Seafood.
- 1 lb. Louisiana Blue Crab Meat, lump picked clean
- 2 Tbsp. butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup onion, small dice
- 1/2 cup celery, small dice
- 1/2 cup green pepper, small dice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. Original TABASCO® brand pepper sauce
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. lemon Juice
- 2 tsp. Creole seasoning
- 1 tsp. dry Mustard
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- 3/4 cup, plus 1 cup for dredging Panko breadcrumbs
- 6 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. prepared horseradish
- 2 Tbsp. sweet pickles, minced
Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
1.) Combine ingredients. Mix thoroughly and reserve.
1.) Heat medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add butter, onions, celery and peppers. Cook until vegetables are tender (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and reserve.
2.) In large mixing bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, egg, TABASCO®, Worcestershire, lemon juice, Creole seasoning, dry mustard, cayenne and scallions. Add cooked onions, celery and green peppers. Mix thoroughly.
3.) Gently fold Louisiana Blue Crab Meat and 3/4 cup breadcrumbs into mixture and mix until just combined, being careful not to break up crab meat. Portion into 2 1/2 oz. patties and dredge in remaining breadcrumbs.
4.) To cook crab cakes, heat medium nonstick sauté pan over medium heat. Add 3 Tbsp. olive oil and 6 crab cakes. Cook on both sides until golden brown. Reserve cooked crab cakes in warm oven and repeat cooking process with remaining 6 crab cakes.
5.) Serve Louisiana Blue Crab cakes hot with a dollop of Smoky Rémoulade Sauce on top.