Courtesy of Hoffman Media.
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 large onion, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 bell pepper, seeded and diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (5 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 lbs. crawfish tail meat
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 (14.1 oz.) package Pillsbury Ready-Made Pie Crust (2 crusts)
1.) Preheat oven to 400°.
2.) In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook until softened. Add soup, evaporated milk, salt, and peppers. Add cornstarch mixture. Reduce heat to low, and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Fold in crawfish, green onion, and parsley; cook 5 minutes.
3.) Place bottom crust in a deep-dish pie plate, and bake, using pie weights, until lightly browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Fill with crawfish mixture, and place top crust on pie. Bake until browned, 25 to 30 minutes.