Courtesy of Susan Spicer.
- Juice of 3 limes (approx. 2 oz.)
- 2 medium shallots, minced
- 1 Tbsp. champagne or cider vinegar
- 6-8 oz. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, pepper, hot sauce
- 3 Tbsp. roughly chopped basil
- 1/2 bunch finely chopped scallions
- 1 lb. jumbo lump Louisiana crabmeat, picked for shells
- 1/2 cup fine dice carrots, blanched and shocked in ice water
- 2 Tbsp. chopped capers
- Basil leaves, sliced ripe avocado
1.) Place lime juice, shallots, and vinegar in a small bowl and whisk in the olive oil. Season to taste with salt, pepper and hot sauce.
2.) In another bowl, mix basil, scallions, crabmeat, carrots and capers, then fold in the lime vinaigrette until ingredients are well coated and salad is tasty.
3.) Garnish with basil sprigs and avocado and serve.