Louisiana Seafood Student Design Competition Guidelines
The Louisiana Seafood Promotion and Marketing Board is searching for a new look and feel for the Louisiana Seafood brand. And who better to design a new logo then the people who regularly enjoy all of the delicious and healthy seafood that Louisiana has to offer? All high school students across the state are invited to use their creativity and innovation to design and submit a new logo for Louisiana Seafood, incorporating the many species that come from our waters.
- Contest Date: Monday, Oct. 9 – Friday, Dec. 15, 2017
- Contest is open to all high school-aged students throughout Louisiana (Ages 14-18).
- All entries must be accompanied by a short essay (150-250 words), in response to the following questions:
What do you love about Louisiana seafood?
What inspired the design of this logo?
What is your favorite way to enjoy Louisiana seafood?
- All entries must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, Dec. 15 at 5 p.m. Both hand-drawn and digitally-designed entries will be accepted. All logo entries must be submitted as an .EPS or .PNG file, or as a scanned .PDF file for drawings by hand. Each entry should be designed with horizontal orientation. Accompanied essays must be submitted as a .DOC file and must include the author’s name, age, city and school.
- Upon submission, all logo designs and essay entries become property of the Louisiana Seafood Promotion and Marketing Board, and may be used on our website and for other advertising and marketing purposes.
- Professional: This logo may be featured on our website, our social media platforms and other advertising and marketing purposes. As a result, the winning logo may be slightly altered by a graphic designer to meet professional and industry design standards.
- Theme: Logo should reflect the mission of the Louisiana Seafood Promotion and Marketing Board and represent all Louisiana seafood species (shrimp, blue crab, oysters, crawfish, fish and alligator).
- Color: Any colors may be used. However, logo must look good in color or black and white.
- Integrity: Logos cannot contain copyrighted material. Logos must have been created and edited by the contestant(s). Logos may not include images or licensed images that have been previously published. Must be easily reproducible and scalable for large and small formatting.
Selection of the Winning Logo
- The winning entry will be unveiled during a special rebranding event to be held in January 2018.
- The winner will receive a framed print of the logo in its final form, be invited to the unveiling event, and the winner’s class (or school organization) will receive a catered crawfish boil to be held tentatively in April 2018.
- Second and third place runners up will each receive recognition at the unveiling event, a certificate of participation and a restaurant gift card to enjoy Louisiana seafood (restaurant TBD, 2nd place will receive $150, 3rd place will receive $75).
For inquiries, please reach out to the Louisiana Seafood Promotion and Marketing Board at 225.342.0552 or email@example.com.